Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Blue loved it

When she came in and saw the tree, she could hardly stop talking and moving and decorating. She didn't want to go to bed because she didn't want to stop. She absolutely was thrilled. I'm so pleased. It turned out better than I could have imagined. She just delighted over every little ornament and decoration. And I hadn't even gotten out half of them. So I guess now we have a Merryposhpad!

I spent a good two hours digging out more stuff for her to pore over and dig through and put up around the house. The cleanup will be a nightmare, but it's worth it for the joy it brought her. She loved every second of putting up the decorations, figuring out where to put them, hearing the stories behind the things that had them, and creating stories for the things that are new.

Our tree is the most fully decorated tree I've ever seen. There's no bare space to be found. It's only a three foot tree, but she dressed it to the nine's. And all around underneath is full too, of Santa figurines and reindeers and snowflakes. The presents will have to go outside of that.

When her friend came over, the first thing she did was give her a full walk-through of all the decorations, showing her which ones were where, which ones lit up, which ones had bells, which ones were her favorites.... It blew me away. Her friend was bored to tears. Blue didn't care one iota.

Watching her introduce this tradition into our home has been the most fulfilling thing I've done all year, I think. She's so careful about everything. Each detail is so precious to her. It's intense how meaningful it is to her. I've loved every minute of it.

What's Christmas decorating like in your house? Leave me a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment