Thursday, December 11, 2014

Five Perfect Poshpad Pets

So I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep when my mind drifted to the thought of a cat wandering through the poshpad. As thoughts do when one is falling asleep, the cat changed into a kitten, then into a different cat, then into a dog. Then I woke up, and got to thinking really about what it would be like to have a pet, and what kind would be best here. Blue wants one badly...

A cat would be a lovely addition to our home, and Blue has asked for one a hundred times. There are all kinds of places for a clever kitty to hide and scheme, to plot and pounce. I used to have five cats, and I loved them with all my heart. I would love to have another. They're allowed here, and they're the right size and whatnot. Cats have always been my favorite animals, though I've become more open to others as I've grown older. I love how they snuggle and purr, and how they don't need you all the time either. Daddy doesn't like cats, however. (I think he could easily be converted to a cat lover given the chance though.)

I had a cockatiel once, and I adored that bird. You wouldn't think a bird could be something you could love so much, but I loved that bird. I called it bird. Or sweet bird. I never named it more than that. I would take it out each morning and let it sit on my shoulder all day long. It shit on my shoulder, but I just dressed in crappy clothes. It would climb down my arms and play on the keyboard while I typed, and climb back up, then onto my head. I wore a lot of bandanas. Crappy ones. I would love to have another. You can train them to do amazing things, you know. I never did, but it's possible. They're very smart, and they live for a LONG time. Mine didn't know how to fly. It always flew into walls when it tried - it had been raised with clipped wings, so I never kept it clipped. One day, they door was open and it saw its shot for freedom, and flew right out the front door, to our amazement. I was heartbroken. I'd love another, and they're just the right size. What's more, Daddy, had one once too, and he loved his. Perfection.

Who could ignore the beauty of a betta? Siamese fighting fish are lovely, and are really a PERFECT size for the poshpad. It would be the best choice as a starter pet for Blue, really. Tiny, low maintenance, and gorgeous. And they come in Blue's favorite color.

Blue recently asked me for a pig. She watched Charlotte's Web, of course. Check out this page on pixie pigs. They're tiny, smaller than cats, even, and adorable. They're supposed to be smarter than dogs, litter box trained like cats, and lifetime pets that become extremely bonded with their owners. I was just kidding when I started looking it up, but wow, these are so damn cute, and what great pets they would make! The only catch - the DEPOSIT to hold them is $500. *jawdrop*

Last on the list of poshpets to consider would be the well-loved (by an awful lot of people, just not by me) Chihuahua, a very popular pet in these parts. They're almost the only dog my poshmates have because their size lends itself so well to our tiny tuna tin can houses. They run in little packs around here. It's so funny, because the poshlands are also overrun with geese, and the geese are like six times the size of the Chihuahuas. They have gang wars, fighting for territory. Anyhow, they fit well inside our homes here, and they have to be considered when thinking of a poshpet.

Daddy has watched as I've typed out this entry. He has actually said he'd consider a cat. So purrhaps we'll get a pretty kitty for Blue for Christmas! Oh, how I've missed the feeling of little paws on my lap!

Any other suggestions for pets that are good in tight quarters? I'd love some feedback! Ideas, anyone?


No comments:

Post a Comment