Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas Eve!

Nothing can bring me down today. I'm so excited about Christmas. Tonight, we're going to my mom's house, and then tomorrow morning, Blue wakes up to all her gifts, brought to us by our angel, then we go to Hubby's mom's house for our Christmas feast. 

A few minutes ago, there was a knock on my door, and when I opened it, it was a cop. NEVER good news. I was preparing to go to jail, of course. For unpaid tickets and a revoked license. (That's happened to me before, and I was arrested.) He asked if I was me, I said yes. He said he was there as a representative of the Denver PD, and that he was there to give me this... And he pulled out a steering wheel lock from behind his back. He said he'd noticed my car had been stolen twice, and for Christmas, they wanted to give me the lock to try and deter thieves. I was so relieved I gave him a hug. I didn't bother to tell him I'd already bought one. This one looks better and stronger anyway. Besides, maybe I can give one to my mother-in-law - she has to park outside. 

I'm telling you, nothing can spoil this day, it's too perfect. 

Not even Blue throwing the temper tantrum she just threw about getting her hair washed. Not even that can spoil my day. I just handled it and moved on. Her hair is now washed, and I'm super excited about seeing her get dressed in the Christmas dress the lovely lady brought over for her yesterday. 

Tonight, we're going to my mom's house, as I mentioned. This is special, as my mom has breast cancer. It makes my time with her that much more meaningful. She's tired, and the radiation has made her fatigued and causes her a lot of pain. We won't be there too long, as it wears her out, but we're going, and that's awesome. Both my brothers and my sister will be there, and so will my nephew, and that'll just be tops.

I'm telling you, my mood cannot be brought down today by anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment