Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Poshlands

No one likes saying they live in the projects. There are people who CHOOSE to live here, I've learned, but no one likes to say they live here. No one wants to advertise it. Even those people. I think, judging by the beautiful, expensive cars some of the people here drive, people choose to live here because either a) they make their money in disreputable ways, or b) they choose to spend as little as possible on lodging so as to spend it on other things. I lean toward the former as the most prevalent reason. There are some shady mother fuckers up in here. lmao. I even sound like a suburbanite when I TYPE that, not just when I say it.

Anyhow, in order to not have to constantly announce that I live in the projects,  I've decided to give it a nickname for use in my blog. And after much deliberation, I settled on the poshlands, because I'm like that. This lends itself to calling my house the poshpad, which I dig. The playgrounds which are spread throughout the projects can now become known as poshparks. I like that too.

I've enjoyed this whole renaming process, really. The office can be called the poffice, which is just funny. My neighbors can be called either poshmates if I like them, which flows off the tongue quite nicely, or selected expletives if I don't, which I'd call them anyway.

My daughter is now Blue of the poshlands. I'm sure she'll be thrilled to hear the new name for our neighborhood. She loves stuff like this. I think the husband may have some reservations about it, but he'll have to adjust. What's done is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment